The Inter-company Parts Shuttle Driver transports parts between the JX Truck Center branches. The driver also transports parts between the Paccar warehouse and the JX Truck Center branches. #jxjobs
- Daily drive to Paccar warehouse and Peterbilt branches.
- Load product onto truck at the Distribution Center and prepares for delivery. May be required to use power equipment, such as a forklift or pallet jack, to load the truck.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition
- Inspect bill of lading for accuracy.
- Deliver product from the Distribution Center to the Peterbilt branch locations, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on branch premises.
- Unload product from truck to dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
- Perform all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures.
- Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
- Maintain driver log according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, and exceptions.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum three years’ experience driving tractor trailers required
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL required
- Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to Drive: Day or Night Routes.
- Ability to back up into tight situations: ex)Blind Side, Busy Street
- Ability to work safely & well with yourself and others including: Backhaul Vendors, DC Team Members, Branch Team Members, Motoring Public, Fellow Drivers
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.
JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.